Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Happy Teacher Tip Tuesdays

Marla from A Word on Third has started a brand new linky, and I'm so excited to participate!

http://www.awordonthird.com/2017/07/how-to-be-happier-teacher-immediately.html

This week, I'm sharing a wellness tip that has helped me feel better and be happier. Smoothies!


Last winter, I watched the documentary Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead on Netflix. Whoa, was it ever an eye-opener. For a limited time, you can watch it here. It's still available on Netflix also.

The man who made the film started juicing and eating a mostly plant-based diet. I am not a juicer, but it did inspire me to start trying to get LOTS more fruits, veggies, and natural whole foods into my diet. 

I feel SO much better since changing my diet, and smoothies have been a tasty and easy way to do it. My favorite recipe:

I'd love to hear from you in the comments if you give smoothies a try. Please share recipes, too! I'm always looking for good ideas. 

Head over to Marla's blog to link up and find more Teacher Happiness tips. 

FYI: My Smoothies Pinterest board has several other recipes.



2 comments:

  1. Hi, Jan! OOOH I love smoothies! Lots of people put banana in their smoothies (myself included), but I have been hearing from the health podcasts I listen to that greens and berries are the way to go! I bet you feel super energized in the morning, and even better, you get to take your drink on-the-go with you!! I am going to go sneak a peek at your Pinterest board, and I am also going to try to check out that documentary soon!

    Thank you for sharing, and I hope you will link up with me for the next Happy Teacher Tip Tuesday!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete