Friday, July 21, 2017

Show and Tell Tuesday July

Happy Friday! I'm a few days late for the July edition of Show and Tell Tuesday, which is hosted by Stephanie at Forever in Fifth Grade
http://foreverinfifthgrade.blogspot.com/2017/07/show-tell-tuesday-loving-summer.html



We've been to the beach several times this month. I'm so thankful that I live within easy driving distance of the ocean. I've discovered that LARGE PRINT books are best for me at the beach. I can wear sunglasses instead of reading glasses and still see the words! Win!



My kids and I tried letterboxing for the first time. A local plant nursery with six spectacular greenhouses has set up a letterboxing adventure. I don't grow things. Ever. But I love wandering around in their greenhouses. In one of the greenhouses, there's a Ponderosa lemon tree that's 117 years old. In the picture above, you'll notice several types of citrus growing on one tree. Different types of fruits have been grafted in. 
My kids LOVE to read as much as I do. We've been to two used bookstores this month and to the Salvation Army store. We leave with armloads of books. One of the used bookstores we just discovered yesterday, and it's right in our town. We've also been spending lots of time in the library. Gabrielle has been all about logging her books online and doing challenges.
I've read two professional books and lots of "just because" books. I highly recommend Grammar Matters by Lynne Dorfman and Diane Dougherty.
I've been trying to eat lots of vegetables, fruit, whole grains, and other healthy options this summer. But, sometimes you just really want roast beef! My husband, the kids, and I went on a jaunt to this place to get delicious roast beef sandwiches and coffee milk. Coffee milk is a Rhode Island thing. In fact, it's their official state drink!

You'll notice that this post had very little school-related content. I'm in full summer mode! Head over to Forever in Fifth Grade to read other Show and Tell Tuesday posts.






1 comment:

  1. I have never heard of letterboxing! I bet seeing those old citrus trees was cool. Coffee milk sounds awesome. I've never had that either. You're having a super fun summer!

    ReplyDelete