Friday, December 9, 2016

Five for Friday

Have you had a busy week? Hopefully, you've been able to find time to enjoy the season. Some of you are already on Christmas break! My last day with students is a half day on the 23rd. I was determined to make time this week for something I enjoy: linking up with Kacey at Doodlebugs Teaching for Five for Friday. 

 
 
I finished my report cards! They went home today. The beginning of December always means report card time. When I was averaging grades in the living room last weekend, my cats kindly assisted me. 
 

Since all the students in my class celebrate Christmas, I've decided to really Christmas it up whenever I can! We've started our multiplication unit. I have several sets of objects that students write story problems about. Click HERE to read about the items I used. 

We've started to read one of my favorite children's books: The Stories Julian Tells by Ann Cameron. Are you familiar with her books? The characters are rich, and the stories get kids completely absorbed. 
 


I've decided to do a digital December Daily album this year. Each day, I scrapbook something that happened. I'm staying caught up so far!


 
We've been working on writing descriptions. We created these posters so students could think of ways to SHOW feelings instead of just stating them. First, though, students acted out different emotions. The other students jotted what they observed in their notebooks. It was a lot of fun.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment