Saturday, October 1, 2016

Five for Friday

Happy weekend! It's time to link up with Kacey from Doodlebugs Teaching for Five for Friday. 


 
 
I had a blast teaching the Properties of Addition to my 3rd graders. I related the commutative property to the word commute (travel). We practiced commuting around the classroom as a warm-up to our lesson.


 
Today, it's raining and bleh outside. Last weekend was GORGEOUS. The kids and I took advantage of the beautiful weather and went out for ice cream. Now that it's October, there probably won't be any more ice cream runs for a long while. 

I feel like I didn't get to teach much this week, because we had our first round of NWEA Map testing. The kids did pretty well and felt confident. Using the laptops is always a big motivator, even if they are being used for testing. The kids were really thrilled when I gave them their Raz Kids passwords. Some of them even asked to go on Raz Kids during indoor recess.


These are the latches used in on one of the bathrooms in our school. Funny, right? I wonder if any of the kids have ever appreciated the name of the product
 
Students read Nate the Great San Francisco Detective with partners. They had a packet of discussion questions. They needed to stop after each chapter to discuss the questions. In the story, Nate's cousin wears a feather boa. I happen to have two of them! When partners were doing a particularly good job reading and discussing, they got to wear the boas for awhile!

Thanks for visiting! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jan! We're having the same "bleh" weather here, too. You're making good progress in your math notebooks. I'm still trying to figure out the schedule...I'm so glad it's the weekend - my mind needs a rest!

    ReplyDelete