Wednesday, August 3, 2016

August Pinterest Pick 3

In 26 days, I'll officially be back to school. My brand-new class of 3rd graders will walk in on August 31st.  Like all teachers, my brain is swirling with ideas for the new year. It seemed like the perfect time to join Ashley at Just Reed, Marissa at Inspired Owl's Corner, and Lisa at Pawsitively Teaching for...




Teaching reading strategies is a necessary and fun way to start the year. I loved this idea shared by Christina DeCarbo at Miss DeCarbo's Sugar & Spice for teaching about schema.



This looks like an amazing way to add some first-week-of-school fun in a self-controlled way! I love using music in the classroom. (More about that and a freebie here.)

This is a great graphic to share with parents at Open House.

Want more great ideas? Visit Pawsitively Teaching, Inspired Owl's Corner, or Just Reed to join in the "Pinteresting" fun. 

You might also want to visit (or follow) my Back to School Ideas Pinterest board for more ideas. 

3 comments:

  1. I love the personal space activity! Such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always forget to do the newspaper dancing activity! Thanks for the reminder...this is the year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the personal space activity. It's perfect for when we do Go Noodle! Thanks for the great ideas!

    ReplyDelete