Friday, July 15, 2016

Five for Friday

I almost forgot it was Friday. For my non-teacher readers, I'm sorry. Truly. Don't hate me. For my teacher readers, you know exactly what I'm talking about. I'm linking up with Kacey at Doodlebugs Teaching for Five for Friday.



We've been home most of the time this week. It has been hot and humid, and I'm loving my air conditioning! We did get out to the farmers' market on Monday, and we took a walk on a trail by a river. One of my kids' favorite ways to spend time is throwing rocks into water. Free. Relaxing. Why not?


Since we've been spending so much time hanging out at home, the kids and I have been devouring our stash of library books. Here's my stack! I've read 3 out of 9 so far. 


 
The top photo is my trunk! The pool stuff is from our pool day last week.  We are visiting my friend Tammy's house tomorrow, so the pool stuff is still in the trunk!  You might also see the bags of spiral notebooks I got at Staples! They were 17 cents each! When my dad was alive, he always bought me a box full of spirals every year. I've kept up the tradition, and I use the spirals for math. (More about that here.)

The bottom photo shows other get-ready-for-school purchases: new flip chart markers and a professional book. The amazing trainer doing our Writing Workshop PD recommended The Writing Thief by Ruth Culham. It's about using mentor texts to teach writing. I can't wait to dig into it. 


I finished one set of Emergency Substitute Plans for 4th grade and have started a second set! I have not uploaded them yet.  By August, I'll be offering three individual sets. Buying them in a bundle will save you 25%! 

In case you're in the market for something to fill your Sub Tub, I already have 1st, 2nd, and 3rd grade plans available in my TPT store

1st Grade Bundle

2nd Grade Bundle

3rd Grade Bundle
 
Next up is a series of pictures that pretty much sums up the relationship between my two cats: Herbie and Sunshine. The photos are in sequential order and document something that happened Wednesday afternoon. Here goes:

 


Can you see Herbie (the gray cat) looking all smug in the last photo? He's a creep. 

Have a great weekend and thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. The cat pictures made me LOL. My dogs have a similar relationship :)

    ReplyDelete