Monday, May 16, 2016

Praise, Improvement, and a Reflection Freebie

Thank you for knocking my socks off! That was the message my students saw one morning when they walked into the classroom. I used chalk markers that a colleague let me borrow, and now I NEED my own set!
 

I had spent much of my weekend grading. When I was finished, I was thrilled to find that the pile of quite-well-done work was much taller than the fix and/or finish pile! I'd been waiting ALL YEAR for that to happen!



I passed out all of the work to students with instructions to examine everything and to read all of my comments. They looked through it all carefully and then completed a Glow and Grow sheet. This sheet gives students an opportunity to reflect on what they're doing well. It also prompts them to identify areas in which they could still work to improve. This "Glow and Grow" idea has been floating around Pinterest for a long time. I created my own version.


Grab the Glow and Grow sheet by clicking here

How do you motivate students to reflect on their learning?  I'd love to read your ideas in the comments.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment