I've wanted to be a teacher since I was a little girl teaching stuffed animals in my room. My teacher knew I'd want those extra mimeographed sheets to take home, and she saved them for me. Despite my shyness as a little girl, I managed muster up the courage to ask for them! I'd complete them at home, intentionally making errors so I could correct them!
Needless to say, I feel so blessed to be a teacher. Why do I feel so blessed?
- I'm never bored! Even on the tough days, I'm completely engaged in what I'm doing. There's never a dull moment.
- I get to learn new things every day. My students teach me, I learn from my colleagues, and creative teachers share their ideas with me through their blogs.
- Kids are hilarious! They are some of the most fun people to hang out with, and I get to spend time with them daily.
- Creativity is a huge part of the job, and it's always nice to have a creative outlet.
- I'm needed. Who doesn't want to be needed?
These are just a few of the reasons I love to teach. Many other teachers feel the same way and have donated to a HUGE giveaway at Countless Smart Cookies! Brooke, the blog author, is raffling off lots of goodies.
Head over to enter by clicking here.
Why are you thankful to be a teacher? Leave a comment!