Friday, March 25, 2016

Five for Friday-FINALLY!




Welcome to the weekend! This post is more like Five-for-the-Month-of-March! It's been a long while since I managed to link up with Kacey at Doodlebugs Teaching for Five for Friday.



If you read my blog regularly, you've seen many photos of Herbie. What you have NOT seen is Herbie on my lap! He almost never sits with me. I think he just likes the blanket I finally finished crocheting. 


One of my students brought these in for her birthday. She decorated them herself, and I thought they were brilliant! The students were impressed by her creativity. Basketballs swishing into nets? What could be better?



We've been working on fractions. I love to teach about fractions, because there are so many creative ways to teach the concepts. I use all sorts of materials. Above, you'll see number line interactive notebook materials by Blair Turner and a Skittles Fractions Activity created by Ashleigh. They are two of my go-to people for amazing math materials. 

We've started reading Stone Fox by John Reynolds Gardiner, which has to be one of the best novels for third graders ever written.  I'm keeping prep simple. The students are reading each chapter and coming up with THICK questions to write in their notebooks. They're also searching for interesting and unfamiliar vocabulary words. I am going to use this novel to teach the students how to do all of the Literature Circles jobs.

To grab a Stone Fox freebie, click here.  


Speaking of good books... My husband surprised me with this book by one of my favorite authors. I didn't even know she was writing it! The books behind it are two that I bought for myself. They're historical fiction novels by Francine Rivers (another favorite author of mine). 

Happy Easter. I'll leave you with a link to one of my favorite songs

Living, He loved me.
Dying, He saved me.
Buried, He carried my sins far away.
Rising, He justified, freely... forever
...
Someday He's coming, Oh Glorious Day!   

No comments:

Post a Comment