Monday, February 15, 2016

Flying Cough Drops: Show Me The Funny


Laugh whenever you can! That's good advice. Karen at Smarticle Particles has started a new linky to help us see the humor in our classrooms! Each month, teachers will have the chance to link up with their funny classroom stories.

Now, sick kids aren't funny. Not at all.  Before Christmas break, however, I had an experience that made me giggle.

One of my students had a cough, and it was persistent. I felt really badly for him.  I finally sent him to the nurse to get a cough drop. 

He entered the room with the cough drop in his mouth. As he came to join the rest of us on the carpet, he coughed an enormous cough. The cough drop came flying violently out of his mouth and landed on the carpet.  

The poor kid! With an incredulous and defeated look on his face, he shrugged his shoulders mightily and with his eyes shouted, "YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!"

Next, I had a not-so-hot teacher moment. Please don't think I'm horrible, but I told him to wash the cough drop really well with water and stick it back in his mouth. I know. That wasn't a good idea. It's what I would've told my own kids to do, though. At least I didn't quote the five-second rule.

He proceeded to wash off his cough drop while I tried to keep teaching. Then, he got a fresh paper towel and PATTED IT DRY. Nope. I'm not kidding. 

He stuck it back in his mouth, coughed another ENORMOUS COUGH, and THE COUGH DROP FLEW OUT OF HIS MOUTH AGAIN! This time, it landed in one of my book bins. 

Thankfully my unfortunate, coughing student is much better! I'm sure he did NOT find any of these events funny at all. 

I had to laugh. Otherwise, I might have cried! 

Thanks for stopping by. Head over to Smarticle Particles to link up with your funny stories and read other bits of silliness.

2 comments:

  1. I'm laughing so hard right now! 😂😂😂 this story is hilarious! Thanks for a good laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't kids funny? I would have told him to rinse it off too! Thanks for linking up & hope to see you next month!

    ReplyDelete