Friday, February 5, 2016

Freebie Five for Friday

Most of my pictures are home-related this week. It's been an eventful week! Thank you to Kacey at Doodlebugs Teaching for hosting Five for Friday.






Gabrielle has been learning about primary colors, secondary colors, and mixing white and black with primary colors to get lighter or darker shades. We did a bit of color-mixing with finger paints. Then, we spent some time finger painting for fun. How do you like Gabrielle's portrait of Herbie and my tree? 

The real Herbie!



Our roof leaked this week. Quite abundantly. That meant my handy and capable husband had to get up on the roof to fix it. I don't like it when my husband is on the roof. Not at all.




 

I mentioned that my husband is handy. He can work on roofs when necessary. He can fix furnaces and plumbing. He can build computers from a box full of components and shelves for his wife's classroom! And.... he made this lovely red cape with ear holes for his daughter's stuffed cat.  Cute, right? 





We've been using some silly rhymes with our 3rd graders for years to help them remember the trickiest multiplication facts such as 6x8, 7x7, 8x8, etc. I made a set of mini-posters to hang in my room. There are 6 in all, and you can grab them here



SNOW DAY!  Today is our first snow day (and hopefully our last).  The time is 11:45 a.m. I'm in my sweats and got to have lunch with my kids! 

I hope you had a wonderful week. Visit Doodlebugs Teaching for more Five for Friday fun. 



7 comments:

  1. I'm envious of your snow and that is something I RARELY say living in Michigan. But we have never had so LITTLE snow. One big dump before Thanksgiving and then one other time to shovel... barely. Weird. Who would have thought I'd miss it so. Enjoy your day! Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the red cape - you have one talented & very useful husband - I'm the one who does DIY around here!! I've also got some freebies this week if you want to check them out - Special Teaching at Pempi’s Palace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the red cape - you have one talented & very useful husband - I'm the one who does DIY around here!! I've also got some freebies this week if you want to check them out - Special Teaching at Pempi’s Palace

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Grandpa always said, "8 x8 fell on the floor, when they got up they were 64."
    Do you have any more rhymes for multiplication?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All of the rhymes I know are on the posters! Your Grandpa sounds like a fun person to spend time with!

      Delete
  5. THANK YOU SOOOOOOOO MUCH FOR THE RHYMES

    ReplyDelete
  6. I laughed so much that I will never think of times tables as boring every again. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete