Sunday, January 10, 2016

Sunday Scoop, Freebie, & Flashback

It's Sunday already! Boy, this weekend went by fast. I'm joining Kristen, Juliet, and Cassie from The Teaching Trio for Sunday Scoop.

I've started to email myself a weekend to-do list on Friday afternoons before I leave the classroom. Does anyone else do that? My first two "have to dos" are from that list.

I've started using my elliptical. During vacation, it was used 4 times. Last week? Twice! I plan to do better this week and exercise at least 4 times. 

My husband bought me a new digital drawing tablet for Christmas. I've been having a lot of fun with it, but there is definitely a learning curve.

My husband mentioned that he wants to watch Mr. Holmes with Ian McKellan. Hopefully, we'll watch it tonight after the kids go to bed.


Hanging out at home is my favorite thing to do. Today it's kind of raw and very rainy. It will be a nice day to wear cozy clothing, drink tea, and hang out. 

I promised a flashback and a freebie! Groundhog Day is coming up soon. Here's a link to a previous post full of great ideas and links to resources.

The freebie is this set of Groundhog Day fact family task cards. Click here or on the image below to grab them. Each card has an array. 

You could use these for different purposes. Students could be asked to:
  • write a repeated addition equation
  • write a multiplication equation, or 
  • write a multiplication/division fact family  
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5tmfnwDuzUYM0VyMTVHZUlMcEE/view

Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. I like the idea of emailing yourself a list...by the time I walk to my car Friday afternoon I've forgotten half of what I wanted to do! Have fun watching your movie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there! Your freebie looks great and could definitely help me with some of my students who need more assistance with multiplication and division. Hope you enjoy your afternoon with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun freebie I will have to pass on to my co-workers. Teaching science doesn't allow me to use it myself, but it is way cute! I love emailing a list...sometimes I do that too or ask my kids to text it to me! Have a great week!

    Renee at The Science School Yard

    ReplyDelete