Monday, January 11, 2016

Mystery Hummers and Giving Thank You Cards


My class has mystery hummers. There are two or three of them. I can never figure out who they are, and their humming is intentional. There are also a couple of students who are always humming or making sound effects. They aren't trying to be secretive, and they aren't doing it intentionally. Unintentional noises don't bother me very much. Intentional mystery humming does

I'd like to tell you that I'm always the picture of patience when I encounter mystery humming, but I'm not. So, I've decided to try a new approach.

Tonight, I came home and made thank you cards to use for positive reinforcement. Believe me when I tell you that they are nothing fancy. The kids, however, will LOVE them.






The idea is that when mystery humming occurs, I'll quietly give a card to a model student. I'll hand out 3 or 4 cards throughout the day. Other days, I might only hand out 2. I'll still use our usual positive behavior incentives as well. These will be extra and intermittent.

I'll have to keep you posted and let you know how it goes! I'd love to hear your thoughts in the comments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment