Sunday, December 20, 2015

Ugly Holiday Sweaters Abound!

This afternoon my husband, the kids, and I decorated cookies. We had ugly sweater cookies (my favorite), Christmas trees, gingerbread men, Santas, and snowmen. Here are my creations. 

All of those colorful, festive, ugly sweaters gave me an idea. I'm teaching until Wednesday, and we'll have our holiday party Tuesday at the end of the day. I've decided to have a simple but fun activity for kids who need to keep their hands busy and their bodies calm.  If students want to, they can design their own ugly sweaters. I just sketched a sweater, traced over it with Sharpie, and copied it. Students can fill in the rest however they want. If you are feeling adventurous, you could pull out the glitter!  I will NOT be pulling out the glitter. Here's my example.  
 
It's a simple, no-fuss activity (if you don't use glitter). I thought I'd share in case anyone else will be trying to keep kids calm the week before Christmas! 

Perhaps I should also buy an ugly sweater to wear? What do you think?





No comments:

Post a Comment