Saturday, December 12, 2015

Five for Friday

Thirteen days until Christmas! Both of my formal observations at school are completed! Report cards are done! That means I have time to really enjoy these weeks leading up to Christmas. So, you'll see a lot of holiday-related activity in this week's Five for Friday. Visit Doodlebugs Teaching for more Five for Friday fun.

 




 In the classroom, we've been working on theme. (More about that here.) I'm pulling in Christmas books when I can. Anything to keep them engaged in December! I read aloud Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer by Robert L. May. I typed up an excerpt that we read, reread, and annotated. We also searched for text evidence to support the theme. Next, I read aloud Sleeping Ugly by Jane Yolen. The students reread with partners and searched for text evidence. I'll be sharing our final projects soon. We didn't have them wrapped up Friday as I'd hoped!





My friend threw her annual gingerbread party last weekend, and the kids and I attended. There were SO many kids, and they were so engaged in creating their masterpieces. They also ate quite a lot of the decorations! When the sugar kicked in, they played outside and down in the rec room.


There's a nursing home in our community where the kids and I visit every week or two. It was where my dad lived for about three years before he passed away. Each year, there's a Christmas tree decorating contest. Each wing creates a tree. They are always fun to look at. This year, I think the Grinch is my favorite!


My husband brought home these Christmas coloring books. One night, all of us sat down as a family and colored while watching Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer on DVD. Then, we drove around looking at Christmas lights and picked up some pizza for dinner. Gabrielle said it was the BEST. DAY. EVER.

My husband and I have been doing a lot of wrapping this week. I find it a fun task, especially when we listen to Christmas music at the same time. 

Enjoy your weekend! Thanks for stopping by. 

1 comment:

  1. I agree...coloring, Christmas lights, and pizza does sound like the best day ever, lol :)

    ReplyDelete