Sunday, November 8, 2015

Sunday Scoop

It's a sunny Sunday, and I'm linking up with The Teaching Trio for Sunday Scoop. 

I keep putting off opening that big bag of correcting. I did a lot during the week, but there's NEVER enough time to finish everything. I'll be on the couch with my cup of correcting pens, a cup of tea, my lap desk, and many piles of papers for a good portion of the day!  I'll probably turn on Gilmore Girls. I've seen all the episodes, so it won't matter if I'm not really paying attention. The background noise will make me feel like I'm not REALLY working. 

My students are working on writing narratives from a turkey's point of view. So far they've written entertaining beginnings, a description of the setting, and suspense. Next up? The main event! Since I don't know of any mentor texts that are exactly what I'm looking for, I will be writing my own main event to share as a model. 

At the moment, I have no ingredients for lunches this week. I need to head to the store and purchase salad fixings and other staples.

I have plenty of noun activities, but none are Thanksgiving-themed. Perhaps I'll feel creative and make something.  We'll see!

I'm sorry to say that the bulletin board in my classroom still has our mathematicians from August! It's time for a change. I'm not sure yet what's going up there, but I need to think of something!

Have a good week! Stop by The Teaching Trio for more Sunday Scoops.




 

3 comments:

  1. Love Gilmore Girls! I've also seen all the episodes, so I agree it makes a great grading background show! Enjoy the rest of your Sunday.

    Sarah
    Years That Ask Questions

    ReplyDelete
  2. Background noise is a necessity for me when I am doing some tasks, well maybe most tasks! Good choice with Gilmore Girls, I enjoy the early episodes. Happy correcting!
    iTeach 2nd

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL...I was just watching Gilmore Girls last week. It's interesting how so many people love that show..I'm still trying to figure out why they went off. I hope your creative juices kick in soon in order to write your narrative and nouns activity. I understand having to create activities to teach students. You can find several things online but sometimes it doesn't fit what you need.

    Good luck with getting all those things done and happy teaching!

    ReplyDelete