Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Gabrielle's Veterans Day Stations


Most schools have the day off today, but not my daughters' STUFFED ANIMAL SCHOOL. Oh no. Those children stuffed animals students are learning all about veterans. My daughter is accomplishing this by setting up stations for them to rotate through.

Tip: You may not want to incorporate all of these ideas in your own classroom! Gabrielle's grasp of the content she is teaching is shaky at best. Let that be a lesson to the rest of us!

Station One: Read-aloud
See the students waiting oh-so-patiently to hear the book about Veterans Day? Gabrielle wrote the book this morning. As every good teacher knows, if you can't find the perfect resource you just have to make it yourself! 

The text reads:
Don't be scared of veterans. There's nothing you should fear!  We fly our flag for Veterans Day, every single year! Veterans use big tanks sometimes. Hurray! Hurray! For Veterans Day!

I'm thinking a more thorough and accurate Veterans Day article is in Gabrielle's future.  

Station Two: Tank Station
At this station, the students can pretend they're in tanks.  Apparently, Gabrielle thinks all veterans used tanks! Like I said, some nonfiction is in her future. 

Station Three: Movie
Gabrielle inherited this toy laptop from her brother. Today it was standing in as a movie screen so Gabrielle's students could watch a movie about veterans.  It's hard to see, but beside them there is a bowl of "popcorn" (crumpled up pieces of paper).  Gabrielle is WAY nicer to her students than I am to mine! I never have tanks and popcorn in class.  

Station Four: Reading

These students are reading books about Veterans Day.  Gabrielle created them herself.  They have titles such as, Woo Hoo Veterans! and Is That a Veteran?  

I hope you enjoyed this bit of silliness and creativity. 

Most importantly, I'd like to say thank you so much to all veterans and their families.  Your willingness to sacrifice for your country is respected and so deeply appreciated. 







2 comments:

  1. That was so cute! Thank you for making me laugh tonight. :) Maybe she will grow up to be a teacher too. I know I used to "teach" my stuffed animals when I was little too (usually when my siblings refused to listen to me anymore)!
    Crystal
    www.crystalclearteaching.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing post dear! You have a wonderful blog:)
    What about following each other on Instagram, bloglovin, Twitter?.. :)

    www.bloglovin.com/blog/3880191

    ReplyDelete