Saturday, October 3, 2015

Saturday Night Sum-Up

I almost missed it.  Five for Friday, I mean.  Friday night and most of today were spent enjoying my friends and family. Last night, my friend invited me out to see War Room. I can't recommend it enough.  Today my husband, the kids, and I went for a drive and browsed every aisle of Hobby Lobby. There was just no time for blogging! So, I'm late. Instead of a timely Five for Friday, I bring you my Saturday Night Sum-Up.






Last Sunday we headed to the apple orchard. It was a gorgeous day, we picked several kinds of apples, and we've been munching all week.  We didn't bake a thing. 



This week, we focused on making inferences. We started off using pictures and moved on to text. One of my favorite products to practice making inferences is Whose Pocket is Whose? created by Primary Polka Dots. This is the second year that I've used it, and the students are always engaged and eager to read for clues. 








We finished up our tree unit this week.  We went outside to do some observations on Monday and Tuesday. The rest of the week was pretty wet, so I'm glad we got outdoors!  When we gathered on the grass, we noticed the extremely cool insect in the photo above. We took a few minutes to observe him. If you'd like to get a copy of the "Take a Closer Look at a Tree" sheet, click here



There's a retired teacher who taught in our building for many, many years. I had the privilege of working in her room when I was an intern. I learned a lot from her. She still volunteers weekly in our building, and she created this bulletin board in the staff room to keep us all smiling.  



I had a good week, but it was exhausting. This is my kitten Herbie. His body language in this photo pretty much illustrates how I felt most nights this week. Hooray for weekends!

Thanks for visiting. Click here to go to Doodlebugs Teaching for more Five for Friday posts.  Have a good week!




1 comment:

  1. Your classroom looks so fun!!! I love seeing pictures of kids learning outside :) Leaf rubbings are a great idea for labelling. Have a great week!
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete