Sunday, August 23, 2015

Sunday Scoop

Busy brain. That's what I have. It's the last day of summer vacation, but my brain wants to go back to work early!  Why does it DO that? I had no trouble coming up with things I have to do for this week's Sunday Scoop, which is hosted by Kristen, Juliet, and Cassie from The Teaching Trio



My car has beach toys rolling around in the trunk, a beach chair, and LOTS of sand!  I put off taking care of it, because I was thinking maybe we could fit in one last beach day!  We didn't, so now I need to clean out my car and vacuum it.  

My toenails could stay unpainted, but where's the fun in that? I just bought new polish yesterday.  

My roots are showing. If you read my blog regularly, you might know that I usually let my hair get ridiculously gray before I bother coloring it. I thought I'd try something different this time and color it before it looks horrible!

I read pleasure books and professional books this summer, and I'm hoping to finish the most recent "for fun" book I started before going back tomorrow. 

My windowsill at school needs some livening up. I was considering an ivy. Do you have plants in your classroom?

Tomorrow is our first teacher day. All three schools (elementary, middle, and high schools) will meet at the high school for breakfast. Then we gather in the auditorium.  The rest of the day will be meetings at our respective schools. I always look forward to seeing my colleagues after the summer break.  Tuesday is a professional development day, and students start Wednesday!  

Thanks for stopping by. Enjoy your Sunday. 


2 comments:

  1. I have a book I'm hoping to spend some time with today, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am excited to see my colleagues again too! What are you reading? I just finished Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty, so good!

    ReplyDelete