Saturday, August 15, 2015

Many-Photo Five for Friday

Camping, rain, my son's birthday, rain, and classroom prep!  That about sums up my week.  I have lots to share for Five for Friday, hosted by Kacey at Doodle Bugs Teaching.  






MONDAY 
My son turned 12.  Seth and Gabrielle woke up and ate the birthday cereal Seth had chosen.  He liked all of his gifts, but his favorites were the sleeping bag and the Minion shirt that probably won't fit him until he's 25! Once breakfast and gifts were taken care of, we loaded up the car to head out for our camping trip. We were excited and looking forward to a fabulous two-night get-away.









STILL MONDAY
Our first day was great.  We set up our itty-bitty tent. I was sure the kids and I would fit just fine. We'd be cozy. After we set up, the kids rode their bikes and played. Gabrielle was stylin' in her new helmet!  We went to the beach at low tide to wade and find hermit crabs. We had hot dogs and potato salad. We were REALLY camping now!  At bedtime, we discovered that we were more cramped than cozy.  My kids are used to their own beds in their own quiet rooms.  We had some trouble getting to sleep until Seth started to sing worship songs to us.  


TUESDAY
Around 6 a.m., the rain came!  It POURED! All day!  Here, my friend's daughter is rinsing her toothbrush in the rain. We dashed through the deluge to get our toothbrushes and toothpaste. We didn't want to go all the way to the bathrooms, so we brushed under our easy-up shelter.  We tried to wait out the rain by getting hot chocolate and going to the used book store.  We even drove to my friend's house to eat lunch and let the kids play.  The rain eventually stopped, but our stuff was wet because the campsite flooded. We packed up most of our stuff and went home early.  I think perhaps I'm not a camping person. 




WEDNESDAY 
Early Wednesday morning, we met back at the campsite to take down the tents. It was a GORGEOUS day. Go figure.  The kids played "spy" and were trying to solve "The Mystery of the Dead Crab".  The top photo is of Seth looking "spyish".  After breaking down everything, we decided to get in a bit more beach time. I may not be a camping person, but I am most definitely a beach person.  







THURSDAY AND FRIDAY
I spent lots of time Thursday and Friday in my room.  It's practically ready. I have a few little things to touch up and tweak, but overall I'm happy with it. 

Thanks for stopping by!  Visit Doodle Bugs Teaching for more Five for Friday.


























1 comment:

  1. What a fun camping trip! I enjoy camping, except for the sleeping on the hard ground part. Campfires are the best.
    Enjoy your weekend!
    And thanks for dropping by my blog.
    Sarah :)

    ReplyDelete