Saturday, August 8, 2015

Five for Friday

Okay, this is more like a "Five for July and the Beginning of August" post.  I'm not sharing five happenings from my week. I'm sharing five things from the past few weeks.





I've been to my classroom a few times.  Can you spy my son Seth?  He's waaaaay in the background in the top photo.  Reading.  He's on a scooter under the table in the bottom photo. Reading.  He reads whenever he isn't doing a job for me or another teacher. Gabrielle is making crafts.



Herbie's not such a tiny little kitten anymore. In fact, he just had his "big" surgery last week. You know the one I mean.  He seems slightly less hyper now that he's older. Here he is licking Sunshine's head instead of clawing and biting his throat!  Sunshine seems glad for the change. In the pictures below you can see what Herbie looked like when we got him in May. 






 


Summer break gives me more time to get together with friends and family.  My husband's cousin came over with her two daughters for the day. Penny happily crawled around and played with the toy food.  Meadow wanted to do EVERYTHING the big kids were doing. 






These are photos of my niece and nephew.  I've loved having time to spend with them, my sister-in-law, and my brother-in-law.  Cole and Zoe were quite taken with the "kitties".  Cole also had a blast playing with Seth and Gabrielle. He kept running down the hall after them calling, "Kiiiiiids!"




We finally made it to the beach. Twice!  My sister invited us to spend the day with her at her time share.  We spent a few hours at the beach, then a couple more hours in the pool.  After that, the kids and I went out to eat at a seaside restaurant.  The following week, my friend and I took the kids to a different beach.  It was a bit of a walk from the parking lot to the beach, but it was pretty.  

I have two more weeks of summer vacation left. I plan to do a lot of work in my room, some long-range planning, and more relaxing and reading.  What about you?

Stop by Doodle Bugs Teaching for more Five for Friday. Have a great weekend!













  







No comments:

Post a Comment