Sunday, July 12, 2015

Sunday Scoop

Happy Sunday.  I'm linking up with Kristen, Juliet, and Cassie at The Teaching Trio for another Sunday Scoop.



We're completely out of milk!  We need salad fixings.  The only thing left in the freezer is ground turkey, frozen fruit, ice cubes, and edamame.  It's time to shop for groceries!  

I revised some products this summer and created a freebie using nonsense words from The BFG, but I haven't made any other new products.  I need to get busy!

The lack of routine in the summer has thrown my eating off a bit.  We've had ice cream a couple of times, and it's easier to snack during the day when I'm not teaching a roomful of 3rd graders.  I need to be more diligent about tracking calories, and I need to start exercising.  I know I'll learn to like it if I can just get into the habit of it.

Have you read Bringing Words to Life?  I plan to start it today. I need some fresh ideas for vocabulary instruction.  I actually started the book last August but ran out of summer!  Once school started, I just couldn't find the time to read it.  

Our old sprinkler broke. A sprinkler for the front yard has to be one of the best things to have.  The kids will play out there for an hour. I've been known to stand in the spray too from time to time!

My friend just texted me and invited me to join her tomorrow for a trip to a cool used bookstore and then swimming. She's pool-sitting apparently.  I haven't told my children yet. They're going to be extremely excited.  

What are you up to? 

3 comments:

  1. I haven't read Bringing Words to Life, but I'll definitely check it out. I hope you have a great day swimming!
    Storie

    ReplyDelete
  2. My lack of self discipline in the summer is legendary!
    I love your nonsense words - very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who doesn't love the summer sprinkler fun! :)

    ReplyDelete