Thursday, July 2, 2015

July Currently

It's time for another Currently.  Thank you to Farley at Oh Boy Fourth Grade for hosting this linky.


My kids have been having a blast lately making puppets out of tape and construction paper.  They have creative names like Disco Pig, Nervous Pig, Colonial Bird, DC, and Wonder.  It's been a consuming activity around here the last two days. 

Of course, I'm LOVING being on summer vacation.  It takes me a few days to get used to having no routine, but now I'm relaxed and enjoying the slower pace. I've been reading, hanging with my husband and kids, and visiting friends.  

We've been on vacation for almost two weeks, and we haven't made it to the beach yet.  I'm feeling the need to sink my toes into some sand. 

As I said, I'm loving summer. That doesn't mean I don't want to get into my classroom, though.  My filing cabinets need to be reorganized, and I have shelves to paint.

I started updating my Emergency Substitute Plans for First Grade, but got sidetracked by carpet shampooing and cleaning.  My goal is to get them completely updated and posted by Saturday.

It makes me very uncomfortable to say I'm an "all-star" at anything, but I do try to look for the good in others.  This can cause me to be naive at times, but I'd rather give people the benefit of the doubt than assume the worst about them.  That being said, now that I've tooted my own horn, I'm sure opportunities to see the WORST in people will crop up as a test!  Will I put the best face on people's actions or be critical?  We'll see.  

Happy July!  Head over to Farley's blog to read other Currently posts.  Hopefully I'll be back next week with some beach photos!





4 comments:

  1. I think looking for the good in others is a great attribute :)
    Hope you are having a great summer break!
    -Lovely Nina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get to the beach, it is a necessity!! Although I like 12 miles from the beach and rarely go... too much sand. lol Enjoy your summer

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome that you look to see the good in others. I do okay at it sometimes depending on my mood. Hopefully you won't be tested too much.

    It's funny that everyone is ready for some beach time. Almost seems like none of us have actually made it yet. I LOVE your blog design! So cute and simple!

    Don't Let the Teacher Stay Up Late

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those puppet names! Hope you enjoy the beach and the rest of summer break!

    : ) Renee
    The Third Grade Learning Spot

    ReplyDelete