Friday, July 17, 2015

Five for Friday

My son and I just finished cleaning the kitchen. My daughter is tucked into bed.  Now I finally have time to link up with Kacey at Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five for Friday.  






On Sunday, we went berry picking.  We picked a bunch of blueberries and raspberries. It brought back memories of going berry picking with my dad.  In the bottom photo you'll see my father and Seth.  That photo was taken seven years ago. Wasn't Seth a cutie?





My friend invited Seth, Gabrielle, and I to join her and her family for the day.  We met at a used bookstore and shopped.  Then, we spent the rest of the afternoon having lunch. floating in the heated pool, and walking down to the water. Oh, how I love summer!





When we weren't out and about, I spent a lot of time reading.  In the top two photos, Sunshine was curled up near my foot and Herbie was on my lap while I read.  In the bottom photo, the cats were just hanging out.  Prior to that, they were licking each others' heads. After I took this photo, Herbie decided to pounce on Sunshine and start a wrestling match.



I went to school for a few hours this week.  Here are my functional, organized, and not-very-cute supply bins.  I used sticky notes and contact paper to label them.  Not Pinterest-worthy, but effective! I've decided to tell myself that my lack of creativity will make someone else feel less guilty about something in their room that isn't quite as cute as it could be.



This lovely lady has been volunteering in my classroom for about seven years. I had her granddaughter in my class, so she started volunteering.  She's been coming in to help me ever since then. She's a retired teacher and has great stories to tell. I respect her wisdom about teaching and life, and I'm so thankful that she's willing to be part of our lives.  She is a tremendous blessing.  We have a tradition of meeting for lunch each summer. 

Thanks for stopping by! Have a great weekend.













1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a relaxing, yet productive week! I can't believe there's only three more weeks of summer here! It went by entirely too fast!

    ReplyDelete