Saturday, July 11, 2015

Five for Friday

I was busy visiting my good friend yesterday, so Five for Friday just had to wait until Saturday this week.  Thank you to Kacey for hosting my favorite linky. Visit  Doodlebugs Teaching (Kacey's blog) for more Five for Friday fun. 





On the Fourth of July, we went to a family picnic. Gabrielle was nervous but happy about riding the miniature horse. Seth took off and played with his cousins all day.  We ended the night with fireworks and a hilarious game of Catch Phrase






I went to my classroom on Thursday.  It's all clean, so I can pop in whenever I want to.  I spent most of my time sorting through my books, tossing copies that were ruined, and cleaning out my book bins to get rid of a school-year's worth of dirt, dust, and germs. 





While I cleaned and sorted, the kids read. And read. And read.  Seth read Redwall by Brian Jacques the entire time.  Gabrielle read many, many different books!  Gabrielle also spent time browsing around my room as if it were a bookstore.  She filled up an ENTIRE BACKPACK!  Since I purchased the books anyway, I figured she could just take what she wanted. When she gets tired of them, I'll return them to my classroom.





I've been spending lots of time reading.  My son and I had both read Elephant Run by Roland Smith during the school year.  This summer, we've both read Cryptid Hunters.  My colleagues and I will be discussing Worksheets Don't Grow Dendrites in the fall as part of a professional book club. My current book is Auschwitz Escape.  It's excellent, heartbreaking, and hopeful all at the same time. You'd have to read it to see what I mean.  I'll definitely be purchasing more books by Joel Rosenberg. What have you been reading?  



I updated the very first product I ever created for Teachers Pay Teachers.  The update was LONG overdue!  I was kind of appalled by how bad it looked before.  I also updated the freebie that includes two pages from the practice packet.  Click on the images to find the items in my store. 


I hope you're having a great week! Thanks for stopping by!
















2 comments:

  1. So jealous your room is ready for you already. I'm going to go and check mine next week. My 3 kids also love my class library. My oldest gets caught "reliving her youth" when she helps to organize my books! It's great to have your own kids enjoy reading so much!
    Little Gingergarten

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read the book Born Survivors this summer, also about Auswitz and Hitler. It's about three mothers who birthed their children in the camps. Good but heartbreaking read.

    Denise
    Yearn to Learn Blog


    ReplyDelete