Friday, July 3, 2015

Five for Friday

It's time for another Five for Friday post, and I had to pull photos from the last two weeks. We've been doing lots of reading, lots of visiting with friends, and lots of hanging out as a family. I haven't been taking a ton of pictures.




One of the best things about summer is just having more TIME.  We've already had a visit from my good friend and her daughters.  We had lunch together, went to the park, and had dinner together too! The kids played for hours, and we chatted. Here are my kids at the duck pond. What's missing? Ducks! There was one goose and a bunch of fish, so it was still pretty interesting. 



I've been to school once. I had some paperwork to print and file, and the kids came along to hang with me.  I'm sure I'll go in as soon as my room is cleaned, because I love to work in my room during the summer. I'm odd, I know.  It's nice to know that I don't NEED to go in until August if I don't want to.  How much time do you spend in your classroom over the summer?



My husband, the kids, and I went for a drive last week.  We browsed around a toy and hobby shop that we like.  Then, we went to Cabela's.  It's a fun store. I've never actually felt the need to purchase anything there. I'm not really an outdoorsy sort of girl.  My husband sometimes shops. The kids and I like to look at the fish.  They have a huge tank with carp, trout, eels, etc.  





The kids have been having a blast making puppets out of paper. Seth's pigs cracked me up.  Baymax was Seth's idea, too. We went to our town library last week to stock up on books to read and discovered that they were playing Big Hero 6. And there was popcorn! Of course, we stayed. 



Kitten cuddles are probably the kids' favorite summer activity. It's a good thing Herbie loves to be held. He'd be REALLY annoyed otherwise.  The cats have also had more playtime than usual.  Here are a couple of videos documenting Herbie's and Sunshine's reactions to a stuffed Mickey Mouse toy. There's quite a contrast!

video

video


Visit Kacey's blog, Doodle Bugs Teaching, for more Five for Friday posts.  Have a wonderful weekend. Happy Fourth of July!














2 comments:

  1. Love your blog design. My kids love making puppets out of paper! I find them all over the house and then sometimes in the dryer (oops).
    Have a great 4th!
    Mrs.B's Classroom Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog Jan! It is so nice to have the extra time in the summer. I have been thinking about going to my room but haven't made it there just yet! Maybe this week! :) Can't wait to read more of your posts!

    ReplyDelete