Monday, July 6, 2015

BFG Nonsense Words Freebie

The BFG is one of my favorite read alouds!  Of course, the parts about whizzpopping are the best.  In case you've never read the book, I won't elaborate. I don't want to spoil it for you.  The mixed-up words spoken by the Big Friendly Giant also get me (and my students) giggling.


Since reading multisyllabic words is a third grade standard, I thought it might be fun and valuable to create some word work activities using nonsense words from the BFG.  There are words with long vowels:  slimewanglers, clockcoaches...  There are words with consonant+le syllables:  frobscottle, trogglehumper, gobblefunk... There are words that are just fun to say:  frogsquinkers, natterboxes, phizzwizard...  



My daughter and I did the speed read activity this morning. My spinner doesn't look very cute. It was the first version and was printed in grayscale.  She didn't seem to mind one bit.  You can get the freebie by heading over to my Teachers Pay Teachers store.  Click here or on the image below to grab it. 



Thanks for stopping by!  

No comments:

Post a Comment