Wednesday, July 8, 2015

A Trip Down Memory Lane

I took a little stroll down memory lane last weekend.  When I was a kid, one of my favorite places to go was the Rocky Point Amusement Park in Warwick, RI.  I LOVED it. We'd go to the park. Sometimes, we'd eat clamcakes and chowder.  We could go down to the shore and find starfish and shells.  Here are a couple of photos I found on Pinterest.




The park opened in 1847 and closed in 1995.  The last time I visited was in the late eighties. My mom took my best friend and me for the day. The highlight was riding "The Corkscrew". 


The state of Rhode Island has created a park with walking and biking trails at original site of the park.  My husband, the kids, and I visited.  It looks very different!  




Nostalgia!  Just thought I'd share!  Do you have favorite memories of places you visited as a kid? 




2 comments:

  1. So cool! Are there any remnants of it left on the property still? The pictures look so old school! I never got to go there... I think I missed out! Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey lady! That arch is a remnant of the chair lift that you can see in the Pinterest photo. The other posts are there, too. That's all I could recognize!

      Delete