Sunday, June 21, 2015

SUMMERTIME Sunday Scoop

Happy Father's Day to any dads who may be reading this blog.  And happy summer to me! I'm finally on summer vacation. Friday was my last school day.  I'm linking up with Kristen, Juliet, and Cassie at The Teaching Trio for their Sunday Scoop linky. 



Tomorrow, I'll be heading into school even though I'm technically on vacation.  I still have some filing to do.  My classroom is my home-away-from-home, so I don't really mind.  I can't think of a third "have to do". It's summer, after all! I suppose I could've written "shower" or "get dressed"!

I need to revise my first grade emergency sub plans.  They're too easy. I made them easy on purpose. They are meant to be plans that you copy and put in a sub tub so that if you can't write plans, they would be set and ready to go.  For that reason, I didn't want them to be materials that first graders couldn't do in October.  I made them a bit TOO easy, though. So, my first Teachers Pay Teachers work will be to make them a bit more challenging. 

I have a stack of books to read, and I plan to spend some significant time enjoying them.

Now...for the Father's Day gift. My husband really doesn't like getting gifts.  This year, we found the perfect present. It's sentimental and sweet... NO. It's NOT!  I'm kidding. It's hilarious.  You might be appalled, but I think it's a BLAST. Here it is...


Get it? A blast?  When school starts, I'll have to rein in my 4-year-old sense of humor!  Have a wonderful week, and don't forget to head over to The Teaching Trio for more Sunday Scoops. 



2 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHA ...my husband would love that gift, too! So would the kids! Where did you find that? Have a great day with your family!
    Karen
    Planet Happy Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's awesome about your list is that you can't think of a third thing that you have to do? How often does that happen, only about 8 weeks? Enjoy every second of these days without too many to-do's!

    Rachel
    Mrs O Knows

    ReplyDelete