Wednesday, June 24, 2015

A Sneak Peek at our Last Week

It's my first full week off for the summer, and I'm loving it!  I was tired last week from keeping a room full of third graders engaged, so I'm just getting around to sharing some photos from the last week of school.





Our last full week was spirit week.  It was nice to save the nuttiness for the end!  We had one day where students could dress like either a super hero or their favorite book character.  Thursday was stuffed animal day, so the kids did lots of reading with their fluffy friends. 




We also read biographies, made timelines, and did camping-themed centers during our final week. Students could work by glow stick light in a "tent" (king-sized sheet draped over furniture). Other options were to sit in camp chairs or to read or write by the campfire.  My friend kindly shared the fake fire she had created.  It had a fan that made crepe-paper flames flutter! The center materials pictured above were created by Cassie Thomas. My students loved them! Click here to find them in her Teachers Pay Teachers store.

I'm going back now to my cup of tea and my stack of books. Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Love the glow stick light in a tent idea! Totally stealing that one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the glow stick light in a tent idea! Totally stealing that one!

    ReplyDelete