Sunday, May 24, 2015

Sunday Scoop

Happy Sunday, everyone!  I'm absolutely thrilled that we get tomorrow off as well.  I'm joining Kristen, Juliet, and Nikki from The Teaching Trio for their weekly linky, Sunday Scoop.  



As soon as I post this, I'll be hopping in the car and heading directly to the Dunkin Donuts drive-through! Do you have Dunkin Donuts in your neck of the woods?  It's not actually my favorite coffee, but it is consistently fresh.  We ran out of milk, so making coffee at home isn't possible at the moment.  I'll buy milk later, but coffee comes first!

We just finished up a crazy week of field trips and concerts.  This coming Friday, our third grade will have its Colonial Day/VIP Day.  The kids will dress in colonial clothing and do colonial activities. During the last hour of the day, when we'll learn outdoor colonial games, each child has invited a Very Special Person to visit.  It will be fun and crazy!  Here are a couple of photos from last year of students writing with quill pens. 



The end of the year is quickly approaching. I have 19 days left.  This week I plan to finish up DRAs so that I can reflect on my goals.  I also need to start prepping kids for the end-of-year math test! Some fun, summer-themed materials would be a great way to review. I just need to create them!

We have a huge family picnic today. My friends and I will get together with our families tomorrow. It almost feels like summer has started. Almost! Have a great week. 




2 comments:

  1. Coffee always comes first! I knew that I would be up crazy early (4 am) to take my mom to the airport and I had a bottle of cold brew coffee on reserve for that reason! Life can't start without coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So jealous of your long weekend. I have to wait til next weekend to get mine... Queen's birthday couldn't come soon enough!

    Erin
    Learning to be awesome

    ReplyDelete