Friday, May 1, 2015

Five for Friday

Happy Friday!  We just finished up one week of state testing, so I'm REALLY celebrating this week. Thanks to Kacey at Doodle Bugs Teaching for hosting Five for Friday.




Testing, testing, and more testing! We spent 7 1/2 hours in the computer lab this week.  We'll be continuing to test at least until Wednesday next week. I'll be REALLY glad when we finish. My students were troopers and seemed to be doing their best. I was really proud of them.





I shared in a blog post yesterday that my students are writing cereal commercials in small groups. We haven't had time to work on our commercial scripts at all this week because of our testing schedule. Next week, we can get back to it. Groups will be presenting their own unique cereal boxes and their commercial to the class.  


Speaking of cereal commercials... Do any of you remember this one?  I still love Life cereal, and I think maybe my fondness for it was prompted by this very commercial!  







Last weekend we attended an outdoor family birthday party for my niece. The kids played almost the entire time while I chatted and visited.  The photo props were a favorite.



One upside to testing is less planning and fewer papers to correct.  I've had time to start rereading this book.  I grew up watching Tony Danza on Taxi and Who's the Boss, so reading his teaching memoir was great fun.  I highly recommend it! Click on the image to find it on Amazon.

Have a great weekend. I'm so thrilled that spring has FINALLY arrived in Connecticut!















No comments:

Post a Comment