Saturday, May 30, 2015

FINALLY Five for Friday

Happy Saturday evening! I'm happy to FINALLY be linking up with Kacey at Doodle Bugs Teaching for her Five for Friday linky.  I'm late, but not TOO late.




Here they are. Herbie and Sunshine.  Usually, the kitten leaps on Sunshine and plasters himself to Sunshine's head.  Here, both cats were resting peacefully. They really do like each other, but Herbie is just a bit too wild for Sunshine's taste.  



Last week, our elementary school students took a bus to the high school to view the high school artwork. It's an annual event that we call Mayfest. The art teacher organizes it, and it's always a favorite event for the students and for me!  I almost always see former students.  








Last week, we went on a field trip to Old Sturbridge Village. We had a great day, but there is never enough time to see everything. A big highlight of the trip was watching the oxen backing the wagon into the barn. 



Kid fashion!  I included this picture just because sometimes I love what my students wear to school! Get a load of those chickens!







Yesterday was our annual Colonial Day in third grade.  The children wore colonial clothing and spent the day engaged in a variety of activities. We made butter, wrote with quill pens, stenciled, made sachets, played Nine Man Morris, and went outdoors to learn a variety of colonial games. We combined Colonial Day with our first ever VIP Day.  Each student could bring a very important person to school to join us for the games portion of the day.  Everyone seemed to have a great time. My feet hurt when I got home, and I was forced to soak them in bubble bath. 

Enjoy the rest of your weekend. I have three full weeks of school left. How about you?
















1 comment:

  1. I love looking at art work. That fashion cracks me up!
    Paula from Paula’s Place and iSURF Maths Paula from Paula’s Place and iSURF Maths

    ReplyDelete