Saturday, May 9, 2015

Belated Five for Friday

I'm pretty darn late, but I'm linking up with Kacey at Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five for Friday. 




Last weekend my husband and I took off with the kids to a country market. It was outdoors, and the weather was perfect. We didn't buy much, but we did get the chance to meet some adorable baby goats. 




Spring has really and truly come to stay. It's about time!  The weather has been amazing and everything is blooming. These are some pictures I quickly took as I was headed to my car one afternoon.  




I blogged last week about partners examining cereal boxes to find persuasive marketing techniques. I also mentioned in another post that my students were working in small groups to write scripts for cereal commercials.  This week, the children each finished up a cereal box.  Groups will be presenting their commercials on Monday. This was a PERFECT activity to do during our two weeks of testing. The children were completely engaged. 



This CRACKED ME UP.  This week was teacher appreciation week, and my colleague got this from one of her student's parents.  Inside this very witty card was a gift card to a pub.  I had to take a picture. Had to.




Today the kids and I drove out to a used bookstore with four different locations. The main store is in an enormous barn.  We went to the location that has a huge area devoted to children's books.  Seth picked a bunch out and sat down to read them while Gabrielle continued to shop.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!


1 comment:

  1. Hi Jan! Lovely to reconnect with you and I love your Friday Five :) Baby goats - big tick - Springtime - big tick - Great Advertising Activity - I've done this myself and you're so right when you say the children are 100% focused - The Card - ha, ha, ha and finally a Barn filled with 2nd Hand Books - Heaven!!! Special Teaching at Pempi’s Palace

    ReplyDelete