Saturday, April 11, 2015

Five for Friday

I'm on spring break! Hooray! This is a TWO WEEK Five for Friday. It's been busy around here lately! I couldn't seem to get my act together to post last week. Thank you, Kacey, for hosting!  Head over to Kacey's blog, Doodle Bugs Teaching, for more Five for Friday fun.




On April Fool's Day, one of my students came up to me during snack with something hidden behind her back and said, "Do you want a brownie?"  I accepted and she gave me this!







These gorgeous bulletin board displays line the hallway near the main office at my school. Our hardworking and amazing art teacher created them to highlight our school rules.
  • Have responsibility.
  • Use honesty.
  • Show respect to all.
  • Keep safe in every setting.



We finished our final round of NWEA testing this week.  To motivate the kids, I created these forms with their fall and winter scores and their goal for this time. After our break, we'll have state testing! Blah!  May will be a lovely, lovely month once all of the testing is finished. I'll be able to just TEACH! (At least until all of our end-of-year benchmarks are due!) To grab a blank copy of the form, click here.



We've been learning about types of triangles and quadrilaterals.  I threw in some measuring as well. We did a really great project this week, but I forgot to take pictures. It will have to be shared in a future blog post.  Perimeter and area are the current topics of study.  If you have any fun ideas, please share in the comments.  





Amy Lemons shared a great idea on Instagram.  She left one of her daughter's plastic eggs empty with a little poem inside.  In the top photo, I've shared my last-minute-jot-it-on-a-sticky-note version of her idea.  My kids loved it.  

To all of you on spring break...ENJOY!  If you'll be working this upcoming week, have an amazing time with your students. 





1 comment: