Saturday, April 4, 2015

Currently April

Farley's Currently linky is always fun, so I'm linking up this month (a few days late).  Head over to Farley's blog, Oh Boy 4th Grade, for more Currently fun.


My wonderful son loaded and started the dishwasher this morning, and my daughter is talking to her stuffed animals in her room.  She has quite the imagination!

I love three-day weekends.  Yesterday, I kept thinking that it was Saturday.  But TODAY is Saturday. Having an extra day is so nice. 

The weather here in Connecticut is finally starting to get a bit more springlike.  There is still quite a bit of snow on the ground in places, but it's rapidly melting.  It's supposed to be in the 50s today, so I'm hoping we can go out for a drive.  There's a lighthouse I want to visit.

I bought all of the Easter basket stuff for my kids.  I need to put their baskets together and fill the plastic eggs for their morning egg hunt.  I got blue camo eggs for Seth and pearly ones for Gabrielle.  

My husband and I also need to start prepping the food for dinner tomorrow.  We're keeping it healthy--okay, healthier.  We're having turkey, homemade cranberry sauce made with orange zest and maple syrup, mashed cauliflower, steamed carrots, and stuffing made with whole wheat bagels. It will be a splurge day, but we'll be eating a lot less than we normally would for Easter dinner!

I wrote about my hated childhood nickname already.  Now for the blog name... 

Laughter and consistency are the two mainstays of my classroom management.  I'm quite strict.  I definitely mean what I say and say what I mean.  I have high expectations for my students' behavior. I'm fair and understanding of differences, but consistently firm.  Because I have high expectations for my students' behavior, they respect me. That allows me to have fun with them!  We can get a little silly each day.  I can be dramatic during lessons and laugh with my students. It makes my time with them enjoyable. Since laughter and consistency are such a big part of how I teach, it seemed like the perfect name for my blog.  

Enjoy your weekend!  I'd like to wish all of you a blessed Passover and a happy Easter.  

3 comments:

  1. Your Easter dinner sounds scrumptious!
    We have a big, family wedding next weekend, so we've decided to postpone our family get-to-together 'til then. I'm looking forward to a quiet day with the hubs.

    Laughter & Consistency should be the mission in all endeavors as far as I'm concerned. I love your blog!

    Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so envious of your three day weekend! Where in CT do you teach? I grew up in Windsor and my extended family is all still there! My aunt used to teach in East Windsor, she is retired now. I miss my east coast! I currently live and teach in AZ.
    Jennifer
    The Blessed Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laughter and consistency is good for kids. Laughter and consistency is good in life! See you around. Kathleen
    Kidpeople Classroom

    ReplyDelete