Thursday, April 30, 2015

Cereal Box Examinations: Wordless Wednesday

I'm a day late for Wordless Wednesday, a weekly linky party hosted by Miss DeCarbo at Sugar and Spice.  Our wacky testing schedule is making my brains scramble. One more week!



We've started a new opinion writing project. The students circulated around the room with partners examining cereal boxes and jotting notes about the persuasive techniques they noticed. Groups will write commercial scripts to present to the class. 

Do you have a favorite writing project?  Tell me about it in the comments!  






2 comments:

  1. I like how you helped them see opinion writing that is a part of their every day lives and environment. Great idea!
    Marie
    Once Upon a Classroom: A Teacher's Tales

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea using cereal boxes! I have my 5th graders research a Colonial trade for Social Studies. Then they have to write the job from a Colonial person's point of view. The kids choose a name for their person and also draw an illustration of what this person did for a living.
    Beti

    ReplyDelete