Saturday, February 7, 2015

Valentine's Day Gifts are Ready to Go!

My students' Valentine's Day cards and gifts are ready.  Each year, I make valentines for my students. I feel like I've gotten lazy.  The cards I used to give were completely handmade.  I'd pull out all of my scrapbooking supplies and get crafty. Now, I rely on the beautiful clip art of others and use Power Point. Staples did the printing on cardstock. Done! Here are the cards I made and the gifts to go along with them.


The beautiful frame and pencil clip art were created by Ashley Hughes.  Fonts are by Kimberly Geswein of KG Fonts. I purchased the stickers and goodie bags at Michaels. The goodie bags have pencils from the dollar store and balls from Amazon. Here are some photos of my son pretending to "covet" the items for the goodie bags,



Using the word "write" on my Valentines will be perfect, since we're reviewing homophones next week.  I'm sincerely hoping that the parents don't think I can't spell!

Now, for a blast from the past.  A couple of years ago, we ended up having a Hundredth Day-Valentine's Day-Mustache Day celebration.  We had several snow days and everything ended up getting lumped together.  It was a lot of fun. These are the valentines I made that year. Below that is a photo of two of my girls rocking the mustache look.



I thought it would be fun to also share what I did for my kids last year.  They woke up to a breakfast table that had Valentine's Day plates and napkins, cards, and little gifts. 



What do you do for Valentine's Day? I'd love to read about it in the comments. 


2 comments:

  1. Hi Jan. A super post on past Valentine themes. Gave me some great ideas. Hope you have a lovely weekend. Special Teaching at Pempi's Palace

    ReplyDelete
  2. What adorable cards! A cute idea! Love the Throwback pics, too. I give pencils and stickers to my school kiddos and little treats to my own kids at breakfast...although I'm gone before they eat these days. Miss when they were teeny tiny! As far as our Valentine's Party: we make ice cream Sundaes or have Hot Chocolate and decorate cookies. A sweet day for sure!

    Firstgradebloomabilities

    ReplyDelete