Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Real Teachers of Blog County: Hoarders!

It's time for some real confessions from real teachers.  Almost every teacher I know collects something!  Have any of your "collections" gotten out of hand?  It's time to get real with this monthly linky hosted by Hilary at Second Grade is Out of This World.  The name of this "let's get real" linky? The Real Teachers of "Blog" County!


What is it that I hoard?  Dice.  I LOVE dice of all kinds.  You can use them for so many different activities.  



I have:
Regular, run-of-the-mill dot dice.
Dice with numbers instead of dots.
Dice with many sides and larger numbers.
Blank dice. I write fractions on mine.
Place value dice.  Very versatile!
Reading comprehension dice that just CALLED to me in the teacher supply store!

One of my new favorite things are these foam dice!  They're SO QUIET.  Every child in the entire room can be using them at once and there's no annoying clattering.  A little tip: If you have regular dice, have students roll them on a work folder. Much quieter and very easy.

Head over to Second Grade is Out of This World for more real confessions from real teachers!


5 comments:

  1. I have a feeling that as I read each of these, I am going to realize that I hoard a lot more than I thought! I also have a huge dice stash, but I think you've certainly got my beat!

    Have a wonderful day!

    Rachel
    Mrs O Knows

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love dice too! I think you have way more than I do, though! I really love the foam dice too! So much more quiet!
    On the Go Teacher Mama

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dice! Hmmmm....now I feel like I need to start hoarding other things! Thank you so much for linking up!
    Second Grade is Out of This World!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a big dice stash as well...I love how they make it easy to differentiate things in math!

    :) Kaitlyn
    Smiles and Sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGosh, I forgot about my dice collections... I have determined that I am a hoarder of COLLECTIONS! I'm getting such a kick out of this linky :) See you around.
    Kathleen Kidpeople Classroom

    ReplyDelete