Thursday, February 12, 2015

Even to Your Graying Years

On Tuesday, February 10, 2015, my dad died.  He was 77.  It was the perfect  week for me to discover this brand new linky hosted by Beth from Adventures of a Schoolmarm.  I'm a day late but glad to be joining in. 


My dad had been weak and unwell for a long time.  As you can imagine, I've prayed for him a great deal. One of the scriptures that kept resonating with me was Isaiah 46:3-4.  I know that these verses were part of God's promise to the house of Jacob, but I also know that he has borne me from birth and that even to my old age and my graying years He will be the same. He is faithful, and His love for my dad runs far deeper and will last far longer than my love ever could.  


Credits: Papers by Vinnie Pearce & Michelle Coleman, photo corners by Anita Richards, bow by Edeline Marta, font by Kimberly Geswein

You can grab the verse poster by clicking on the image above. 

A song I love that has been a comfort this week is My Redeemer Lives. Click here to hear it. 



Head over to Adventures of a Schoolmarm for more Worship Wednesday.






2 comments:

  1. That verse really touched me because my grandma passed away last year and that really affected me to. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

    Jasmine
    Home

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful testimony to God's love for us. Thank you so much for sharing! I will keep your dad in my prayers. It is so hard to watch a loved one suffer, especially if it gets prolonged over time. But our God is faithful and He keeps all His promises. Amen! :)

    ReplyDelete