Sunday, February 1, 2015

Currently in Freezing February 2015

Farley's Currently linky is one of my favorites!  Head over to her blog, Oh' Boy 4th Grade to join in the fun.


As I type this, my husband is making us buckwheat pancakes.

The sky is a brilliant blue, the sun is shining, and it's a balmy 18 degrees outside!  I do intend to go out and do something today, since we're going to be snowed in tomorrow.  


Another snow day! It hasn't actually been called, but the forecast says there will be heavy snow through the morning. I have mixed feelings.  Tomorrow I will not need to get out of my comfy bed at 5:45.  I'll get to enjoy that cozy feeling of being snowed in with my family in our warm house.  However, I'd love to just GET THROUGH A WHOLE WEEK OF PLANS!  The wacky schedule, cancellations, and two-hour delays make it hard to accomplish what I want to.  Since I'll just have to stay home, though, I've decided to look forward to it!

Thursday morning I was ironing one of my pairs of work pants when I realized that the seam in the backside was about to rip right apart! I'm so glad I noticed.  Can you imagine bending over to help someone in class and hearing RRRRRRIIIPPP??? Yikes!  I need to go out today and get more pants.

I'm an overthinker, especially at bedtime.  When my head hits the pillow, my brain wants to kick into overdrive and I feel like I have to figure out every problem or unresolved issue in my life (real or imagined).  Thankfully I've learned, as my husband says, to "tell my brain to shut up!"

Head right over to Farley's blog to read more Currently posts.  Have a great week!



6 comments:

  1. Have fun shopping for your new pants today- glad that you noticed the seam! And enjoy your snow day tomorrow. I'm in sunny Southern California so I always make it through my weekly plans (unless it's wild fire season).
    KinderIrick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wild fire season! That's scary. I'll take snowstorms any day. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I can totally feel your pain on having a normal schedule. Our winter hasn't been too bad, but an inconsistent and unpredictable schedule is so hard for my firsties and for me!

    Enjoy the snow! I hope it's beautiful where you are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband made breakfast today also! But we had eggs, hashbrowns, toast, and bacon. He usually cooks on Sundays.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy shopping on this beautiful day! Tomorrow won't be so beautiful!

    Sally from Elementary Matters

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh please tell me how to get my brain to shut up at night! :-) And you are right… The snow days are killing me! :-) Happy pants shopping!-Lisa

    ReplyDelete