Sunday, January 25, 2015

Snowy Sunday Scoop

We had some snow yesterday! It was the first significant snowstorm we've had, so the kids and I went out to make snow people.  My husband and I did some shoveling and salting so I won't have to drive across an ice rink in the morning to get to work.  Playing in the snow was fun, but I'm not thrilled about the snowstorm predicted for Tuesday.  Currently, the forecast says 5-8 inches.  That's down from 8-12 inches, so I guess I can't complain!



I'm linking up with Kristen, Juliet, and Cassie at The Teaching Trio for their weekly linky, Sunday Scoop.



Most of my grading is up-to-date, but I've brought home a few sets of assignments that I haven't looked at since Friday afternoon when I stuck them in my bag. I'll pull everything out after I finish this blog post and start digging in. 

Tomorrow is all day professional development.  We'll be examining new social studies standards and doing another half day of training for the NWEA test.  Do any of you use NWEA Map testing?

My daughter has requested a bath with toys.  I'm thinking shower, because it's quicker.  We'll see!

Snow is supposed to start tomorrow evening, but the forecast says "snow showers" from 2-6 p.m.  I'm hoping it's not slippery when I drive home.  I'm kind of a big baby about driving in the snow.

My sticker stash is getting BORING.  I don't know if the kids are bored with the same old stickers, but I am!  

It's nice that my driveway is cleared, and we have the rest of the afternoon to spend time together. That's my favorite thing to do on a weekend.

Head over to The Teaching Trio to read everyone's "scoops".  Have a great week!

 

2 comments:

  1. I don't envy you having to deal with the endless snow storms! I hope you get a break from the snow and are able to enjoy the rest of your glorious Sunday!

    Sending love and sunshine from CA!

    Laura

    http://teachingfrombeyondthedesk.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are supposed to get two feet here in NJ! UGH! Boring stickers? I solved that problem last year: ask the kids to donate stickers they have. They have AMAZING ones that they love to bring in. I have been terrible with giving out stickers. Simply forgetful. This year, I have a beautiful red bod with fancy ribbons right next to the compliment box in plain sight. Now I simply say, "Get a sticker." So. Much. Easier. Am I lazy? Nope. Forgetful? Yep! Have a great week!
    Firstgradebloomabilities

    ReplyDelete