Sunday, January 18, 2015

Rule-Breaking Sunday Scoop

I think I'm breaking some kind of rule by blogging twice in one day.  My daughter and I co-wrote a blog post at 4:43 this morning about surviving ear infections.  I should have been done for the day, but I just had to link up with Kristen, Juliet, and Cassie at The Teaching Trio for their weekly Sunday Scoop linky.



My bag is FULL.  I only went to work three days this week.  Monday was a snow day, and I was out with my daughter Tuesday and Wednesday because she's had a terrible ear infection.  When I returned on Thursday, we had a lockdown drill during my planning period! So, needless to say, things piled up! Now those piles are crammed into my teacher bag along with my gradebook and my plan book.  Being out really is much harder than going to work!

I have some coffee pods left, but they aren't delicious.  I've been having trouble finding a brand that I like. Any suggestions?

My bedroom is looking kind of cluttered. I need to spend some time organizing in there. 

I'd like to go for a drive today!  We've been home, because my daughter was in so much pain this week.  As for not giving her pain meds... That hope has vanished!  She just told me her ear hurt a few minutes ago.  She is making it for much longer stretches now, though.

I've been sick for a couple of weeks, so I haven't visited my Dad at the nursing home lately. I'm looking forward to visiting today now that I'm not contagious anymore.  

Head over to The Teaching Trio to read more Sunday Scoops!  Enjoy the rest of your long weekend!  




8 comments:

  1. I'm a tea drinker but my husband can't really find a pod he LOVES. He's not into flavored coffees. Just wants a good French roast. Simple. Bold. Who knew it would be so hard? Now that you're feeling better, I hope your daughter is right behind you...

    Have a great day!

    Firstgradebloomabilities

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your daughter is feeling better. I loved her list! I had an earache once and it was the worst pain I've ever experienced. It left me crying for my mom and I'm in my 20s!

    Brynn Allison
    The Literary Maven

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry you and your daughter have not been feeling well! I hope you enjoy your day and get to see your dad.

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could recommend some delicious coffee, but I am caffeine free. My husband has told me to share with you that Dunkin' Donuts cups are amazing and they sometimes have good sales. I'm assuming you're surrounded by Dunks in CT!

    I need to find a magic fairy to correct my papers. If I do, I will certainly send her your way as well!

    Sending healthy wishes for your household!

    Smiles,
    Rachel
    Mrs O Knows

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a Dunkin' Donuts right down the street. I'd considered that. Thanks! The fairy never came to correct, but I'm ALMOST caught up!
      Jan

      Delete
  5. My bedroom DESPERATELY needs organizing! I'm going to put it on the list soon! Thanks for linking up!
    ~Kristen
    Chalk & Apples
    Teaching Trio

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending lots of get well wishes to you all. Trying to feel better when knowing you've just got work to face...ugh! As for coffee suggestions, my hubby loves the Green Mountain brand, and he's really picky...lol :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried Green Mountain, and it's great! Thanks for the tip!

      Delete