Saturday, January 31, 2015

Lovin' Those Multisyllable Words FREEBIE

New intervention groups are starting up in a week, and I volunteered to plan the multisyllable words group.  The students in the group just need practice and are lacking a bit of confidence, so I didn't go into great depth with syllable types for this short term intervention.  I created materials and gathered activities and games from several sources.

To keep things engaging, I decided to create some Valentine's Day materials for the group to use. There is a word list. There are syllable sorting cards.  And... There are RIDDLES!  I found a collection of corny riddles on the internet and modified them so that they would have more multisyllable words.  The kids will lightly color over the multisyllabic words before reading the riddles aloud to each other. My daughter gave the riddles a test run for me.  She read them to her brother, her dad, and even the cat. Apparently, the cat doesn't have much of a sense of humor.




If you would like to grab the materials I created,  just click here or on the image below.




No comments:

Post a Comment