Sunday, January 18, 2015

Bad Ears

My daughter is helping me blog this morning!  It's 4:43 am. While we're waiting for her Ibuprofen to kick in, we thought we'd share with you some tips for surviving a very painful ear infection. Gabrielle is much better than she was a few days ago, so she's feeling well enough to share some helpful advice.  Yesterday, she decided on her own to write up a list on notebook paper.  I've decided to share her wisdom with you.

Gabrielle at the ER a week ago!  Still smiling even though she was in pain.

Gabrielle's Top Tips for Dealing with Ear Infection Pain 
(as dictated to Mom)

1.  Put a warm sock on your ear when you're sleeping.  My mom ironed one for me. 

2.  Don't cry if you can help it.  It makes it feel worse.

3.  Watch TV, because you have to keep your mind on something else until your medicine starts working. I like Littlest Pet Shop, Wild Kratts, and Octonauts.

4.  Use two pillows when you're sleeping, so your ear hurts less.  It helps you sit up so it feels better.

5.  Cuddling your parents helps make you feel a little bit better. 

6.  It's soothing to my body when I take a bath.  I like to play with my "How To Train Your Dragon" squirty toys from Christmas. 


Gabrielle and I hope these tips were helpful.  Thanks for stopping by.  



1 comment:

  1. Poor Gabrielle! Ear infections just stink. What a huge OUCH factor! Hopefully, blogging helped whittle down some time for her. When we were hours away from driving down to Disney when Matthew was 4, he is sitting at the table and calmly said, "Ouch. My ear felt funny." A few minutes later, he said it again. Eek! It was 6pm on a Friday night. No temp, no redness. Lucky for us, my B-I-L is an ENT. We drove over 30 minutes later. Matthew was fast asleep in the car. By the time we got there, he had a 101 fever and a double ear infection. We still went to Florida but with meds in a cooler!

    Hope today is a better day!

    Firstgradebloomabilities

    ReplyDelete