Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Proverbs for the New Year


It's a new year!  It's a little hard to believe.  I wanted to take a moment to wish all of you a Happy New Year.  I'm also sharing a couple of proverbs.  It's always good to start a new year with a little wisdom and sound advice, right?

Here are some fun proverbs from my Proverbs for the Classroom Pinterest board.  Clicking on the image will take you right to the pin, so you can follow it to its original source.





And, one of my personal favorites...


I also have a freebie that I've shared before.  It's a cooperative activity. Small groups are given 3 proverb cards and some short stories that illustrate the proverbs.  Their task is to match the stories with the correct proverb.  Here's an example of a proverb  and two of the stories that match it. 


The freebie includes 8 proverbs with 2 or 3 mini-stories to go along with each one. There are also sheets for students to explain proverbs in their own words. I used those as an assessment.  My students were really engaged when I used these materials last year.  Click here or on the image below if you would like to grab it.  


Enjoy the rest of your vacation!




No comments:

Post a Comment