Friday, December 26, 2014

Fourteen in '14

I've just discovered this fun linky hosted by Traci, Hadar, and Kristin.  Somehow I missed this linky last year, so I'm excited to participate.


I don't have one favorite quote.  Different quotes and scriptures mean more to me at different times. So, I'm sharing couple of favorites!


Source:  Joy Forney at gracefullmama.com



Sweaters and pajamas! I am not really a clothes shopper. I shop for clothes simply because I need to wear them.  



It's a comedy.  It's an action movie without vulgarity, nastiness, or graphic content. It's an inspiring teacher movie!  If you haven't seen this, you want to.  Trust me.  It stars Kevin James and also Henry Winkler (the Fonz).  


We don't have satellite or cable at our house. We stream everything to our Playstation through Netflix and Hulu.  We watched every season of Chuck this year.  


We go out to eat more often than we probably should.  This relatively local place is one of our favorite places to go.  It's family friendly and has REALLY good food.

I'm so glad I've entered the teacher blogging community.  It took a long time for me to decide to try it.  I have a brave friend who started blogging first, and she inspired me.  My blog is definitely not one of those places you visit for professional development, but I hope it's a fun place for people to visit.  I love to walk by my colleague's classrooms and see what they're up to.  My intention is to give readers a peek into MY classroom. Peeks into my family life are also provided!

There is simply no way I can answer this one!  My husband is a master gift-giver though. He built me a shelf for my classroom.  See that post here.  For Christmas, he gave me new jammies, a heated blanket, and a $100 Hobby Lobby gift card! Those were all pretty great.  Here are some photos of a gift my daughter wrapped for me.  She wrapped it and put it under the tree a month ago.  The gift is a book she made.  On the cover is a picture of our cat Sunshine.




Again, how can I pick one favorite?  I've done LOTS of pinning this year.  Too much.  I've decided to share a few of the pins that make me smile.  So, enjoy!




I haven't been blogging for long, and I don't feel like I've shared anything particularly profound or groundbreaking.  This Five for Friday post is a favorite,though.  It gives glimpses of me, my classroom, and my family.  And... there's a freebie!  

Hearing my daughter talk about how much she loves the Lord...  Listening to my son sing worship songs while he does chores... These are things that bless me.  Truly, I know all too well that I'm not doing enough to teach my children about Him.  But, when they share their thoughts about God with me I realize that SOMETHING is sinking in.  I'm thankful.  

We have very few photos of our entire family.  Yesterday, we did a little family photo shoot using the tripod and the timer.  Love this one.


This is a tough one. My family makes lots of memories, so it's hard to choose one.  My dad has been living in a nursing home for the past two years, and he isn't doing all that well.  Some visits are better than others, and I'll definitely treasure the good ones.  My kids hug and kiss my father, and he perks up and almost smiles.  I respect and treasure my Dad, and I know that the memories of him with my kids will stick with me.
I plan to start nightly devotions with my kids.  I purchased them each a devotional, and I'll do them with Seth and Gabrielle before bed.  



For many years, the pain of not being ENOUGH was hard to handle.  Every failure just hurt.  I've come to realize that I'm NOT enough on my own, and that's okay.  

Jesus said, "Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me.  I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing."  
John 15:4

I no longer fear not being enough.  I fear being apart from the One who is MORE than enough.  This song is a favorite.  I hope it ministers to you as it does to me.  



Enjoy the last few days of 2014!

Visit Traci, Hadar, and Kristin for more "Fourteen in '14" posts.  

















No comments:

Post a Comment