Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Currently December 2014

The last month of the year!  A friend of mine once said that when you're 16, a year feels like forever. When you're 40, a year feels like 20 minutes!  So true! I can't believe it's almost 2015.  Since it's a new month, it's time to join Farley at Oh' Boy 4th Grade for the December 2014 Currently linky.


Listening -- I love the way my children get along.  They generally just have a great time together.  

Loving -- My house is so quiet!  I'm so thankful.  My students are a delight, but they're NOISY! Even on their best days, they're just NOISY!  

Thinking -- We had to get a new artificial tree, since our old one developed a slight smell and had lights that wouldn't light.  We purchased a new one. My husband set it up, and IT wouldn't light properly! Finally, we have a tree that's working as it should.  We decorated it last night.  

Wanting -- Hot soup! There's some butternut squash soup in my pantry that will probably become an evening snack later.  

Needing -- We've switched to a standards-based report card.  It's brand new, so I'm not comfortable! I'm procrastinating a bit. I totally get those students who have trouble getting started when they are even a tiny bit uncertain about what to do.  I can relate!

Giving -- This year, our family will purchase a gift through a ministry called Samaritan's Purse.  Each year, they develop a Christmas catalog.  You can buy gifts such as dairy animals, medicine, school supplies, emergency shelters, food, and water filters.  There are many other options as well.  I'm not sure what we're going to purchase yet. Click here or on the image below if you want to check out the Samaritan's Purse Christmas catalog.  


One other thing I'd like to give is a fun rounding activity that my students love.  The directions are simple, but provide good practice.  Grab a copy by clicking here or on the image below. 




2 comments:

  1. That is so sweet that your children get along so well!! The students are always so noisy...I agree!! That is why I come home to my dog!!!!! :) Good luck with your report cards!
    -Elyse @ A is for Apples

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love looking at my tree too! Christmas is just such a wonderful time of year!!!
    Melissa
    Keep Calm and Love First Grade

    ReplyDelete