Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Wordless Wednesday

While working on homework with my daughter, I took some PERFECT photos for Miss DeCarbo's Wordless Wednesday linky.  Head over to her blog, Sugar and Spice, to enjoy more Wordless Wednesday posts.  




For homework, Gabrielle had a list of activities to do with a 120 chart.  She had a week to do them. At the bottom of the sheet, there was a place for students to write their own activity idea.  Gabrielle thought up, "Stuffed Animal School".  She and I each had a stuffed animal.  Those stuffed animals took turns counting down each column while using their paws as pointers!  In the photo above, her tongue is sticking out. She was writing about the activity she'd created, and that is her concentration face!  What kinds of creative academic activities do you enjoy doing with your children and/or students?

5 comments:

  1. THAT IS AWESOME! I love making "work" into "play"! I try to add "craftivities" to writing...if you want to do the craft...get the writing done! Good Work! Wendy 1stgradefireworks 1stgradefireworks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do art projects to go along with writing as well. My students self-edit then put their name on a list to edit with me. While they're waiting, they work on the art project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the picture of your daughter counting with her "kitty". How very creative of her. My kiddos love anything with art so I am constantly looking for ways to incorporate it together. During our spider unit, we made -at family spiders and each leg had an -at family word.

    ~Laura
    Luv My Kinders

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whatever it takes to get the job done , right? You have a creative one on your hands!! She's a cutie!!

    Teaching with a Twist

    ReplyDelete
  5. Art projects are always a great way for kids to let loose and also for them to learn something.

    ~Jasmine H.
    The Dots of Teaching

    ReplyDelete