Sunday, November 9, 2014

Sunday Scoop With a Freebie

It's the start of a new week, so it's Sunday Scoop time. Thanks to Kristen, Juliet, and Cassie at The Teaching Trio for hosting.



Mopping is my least favorite chore!  My son did the sweeping, so I can't really complain.  

I've just finished planning for a fluency intervention group. Tomorrow, copies will need to be made and materials will need to be prepped!  I've created some roll & read sight words activities for the group. You can grab them by clicking [here] or on the image below. To use the activity, have students take turns rolling a die.  Then, the entire group chorally reads the list under the corresponding number. These activities could also be used by partners or individual students. 



I need to eat many, many more fruits and vegetables. So, today I need to head out and buy salad fixings.  I think I might get fancy and buy a a pomegranate, too! Pomegranate seeds in salad are fun and tasty.  

I'm excited to go out today and buy a few more things for our Operation Christmas Child shoeboxes. You can read more about Operation Christmas Child in this post


Have a great week! Head over to The Teaching Trio for more "Sunday Scoops".  




4 comments:

  1. I don't really mind mopping...its just all the work needed to get done before you can actually mop:)
    Have fun getting your centers ready!
    Stephanie
    Technology Timeout

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - it's great you're getting so many Christmas boxes together! We've done it as a school this year and have all the kids bringing bits in to fill boxes. Hopefully we'll get lots packed up and sent!
    Growing Little Learners

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are also collecting shoe boxes for Operation Christmas Child at our school. I always love to go out and get some things to donate for that. I am sure they are appreciated by the kids who receive them! Vacuuming was on my list today and it hasn't happened yet!! Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for the freebie. My kiddos absolutely LOVE dice. This will be a nice change for one of my guided reading groups. We always do "word focus time" for the first 2-3 minutes and go over sight words. :) I remember helping at my church with Operation Christmas Child as a kid. Such a great organization! I hope you have a wonderful week and thanks for linking up with us!

    Cassie
    Funky in Fourth
    Teaching Trio

    ReplyDelete